The Commonwealth Consortium for Education (CCfE) was established by a group Commonwealth NGOs, to coordinate their efforts on behalf of Commonwealth education, to stimulate more coherence in their work and to provide a collective mechanism for interaction with ministries and official Commonwealth organisations.
- To promote the development of education throughout the Commonwealth
- To provide analysis to support the formulation of policies on Commonwealth educational cooperation
- To assist Commonwealth inter-governmental agencies to draw on CSO resources and expertise
- To develop and disseminate models of good practice in education
- To constitute a forum which will promote co-operation by members